7 Main Secrets of Companionage
Everybody knows that communication plays an important part in people’s relationships. Each of us has plenty friends and have much in common with them. As a rule, we talk about our hobbies, events in the past and in the future, people whom we know, etc. What if you meet a person for the first time and want to make him your friend? What to talk about? How to behave? We will share with you the useful information about companionage:
1. Be sincere. It is rather hide to disguise falsenesses and if your new friend understands that you are not frank, he will never trust you.
2. Don’t hesitate to pay compliments. Everyone has something to compliment on something. It can be his appearance, smartness, a good taste, wide overlook, cooking skills, special knowledge or just charisma that makes people smile. If you notice something in the course of conversation, don’t forget to speak about it. Just a couple of words. However, they should be said sincerely, so it won’t look like flattery.
3. Smile, use gestures. Your chat should be ‘live’. It is about using mimics and gestures. Express your sensations and emotions because it will make your interlocutor understand that you are really interested in the chat.
4. Listen more, speak less. It is a bad habit to talk about oneself only. A person talking about his life all time is thought to be egoistic and a bad interlocutor.
5. Don’t talk about your problems too much. It is almost the same thing as the point above. Everyone faces certain problems from time to time. There can be some troubles with the university, work, friends, family, health and lots of other things. So, why talk about them too much if they don’t concern your new friend? He might think that you are a pessimistic person who talks about bad things only.
6. Choose the themes that are not concerned with religion, politics, skin colors, women’s rights and so on. Some themes are very delicate. It is because the peculiarities of upbringing, life conditions, education and so on. When you meet a person for the first time, try to choose neutral themes. Ask more questions and talk less about yourself.
7. Make your new friend understand that you like the conversation and will be pleased to meet again to talk more. When your time is over and you have to say good-bye to each other, tell your new friend that you are pleased to meet him and want to continue your friendship.